- Amidst increasing clashes between the Yemeni military and Al-Qaeda militants, the latter attacked guards on a checkpoint outside its Presidential Palace in the capital Sanaa when the President was not in the palace.
- Sanaa has been under alert for days following the entry of army troops in the prominent jihadi area of Azzan prompting the closure of US embassy. Increasing clashes have been reported between the military and the militants in the area.
- Forces also killed many militants including those suspected of masterminding the attacks on Western diplomats and police killings.
- Earlier, bomb explosion, military ambush had resulted in the death of many policemen and suspected terrorists.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/5-killed-as-yemen-rebels-target-presidential-palace/article5995120.ece