TN Wind energy generators want a smart grid system installed
- Wind energy generators in Tamil Nadu want the chief minister to intervene and implement the 100-crore project involving installation of a smart grid system for wind energy. They have proposed to Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation to install the equipment at the generating points from where it can be integrated with meteorological data.
- TN has a total installed wind energy capactity of 7300 MW consisting of 11,900 wind turbines and 110 pooling stations.
- Highlights of this system are:
- Will give real time data on wind energy generation
- Will forecast energy generation expected from wind turbines
- Bring down wastage of wind energy
- Smart Grids
- Wind Energy