- Prime Minister Mr.Modi marked his first visit to Jammu and Kashmir(Jammu, Katra, Srinagar and Uri) with an agenda of development for a ‘Himalayan model for growth’ and spoke to soldiers in Srinagar about indigenising weaponry.
- Mr.Modi met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah but he was not a part of the security review meeting at Srinagar’s Badami Bagh Cantonment(heavy security and a bandh called by the Hurriyat).
- He sidestepped the furore over Article 370,Kashmiri Pandits and ignore the Pakistan foreign office’s reference to the Kashmir ‘dispute’.
- Inaugurated a 240MW hydroelectric power plant by the National Hydroelectric Power Corporation in Uri and dedicated the Katra-Udhampur railway line to the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Speaking about Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s initiatives,he said that the peace process will be taken ahead by them.his comments were praised by the Opposition People’s Democratic Party leader Mehbooba Mufti
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-national/will- take-forward-vajpayees- initiatives-on-jk-modi/ article6179070.ece