- A few over device-use related injuries have surfaced in the recent past, some of them are:
- Nintenditis (use of gaming devices),
- Tenosynovitis (texting with mobile phones)
- Now it is WhatsAppitis. A 34 year old pregnant lady, who had no history of injury or trauma complained about wrist pain. When investigated it turned out to be because of excessive use of WhatsApp.
- The way one uses the touch screen of their phone / tabs is the reason for this.
- Similar injuries to ulnar ligament is common among individuals working in IT sector, due to use of certain kind of devices.
- It is pegged under Repetitive Stress Injury category.
- Repetitive Stress Injury