Not Chilli or Pepper Spray – It Is A Banned Chemical
- What we all thought was pepper spray used by L. Rajagopal in the Lok Sabha house, is neither chilli nor pepper after all. In fact, it is a chemical that is banned in the wars.
- The name of the chemical is Capsaicin, which is derived from chilli or capsicum
- In India, this capsaicin chemical is firstly made into resin, then the emulsifier and water are mixed, and the derived product is pressurized in the cans
- It has been included in the list of riot-control agents, which have been prohibited by the Chemical Weapons Convention.
- Capsaicin chemical
- Chemical Weapons Convention