- The Central Statistical Office which is one of the two wings of the National Statistical Organisation (NSO) is responsible for coordination of statistical activities in the country and for evolving and maintaining statistical standards.
- The Central Statistical Organisation (CSO) was set up in the cabinet secretariat on 2 May 1951.
- The CSO is located in Delhi. Some portion of Industrial Statistics work pertaining to Annual Survey of industries is carried out in Calcutta.
- Central Statistical Organization comes under Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- List of various activities of CSO.