- An electronic signature can be as basic as a typed name or a digitized image of a handwritten signature. Consequently, e-signatures are very problematic when it comes to maintaining integrity and security, as nothing prevents one individual from typing another individual’s name.
- Due to this reality, an electronic signature that does not incorporate additional measures of security (the way digital signatures do, as described above) is considered an insecure way of signing documentation.
Reasons why more and more companies are turning to electronic signature:
- Automate and expedite business processes
- Cut operational costs
- Improve efficiency and collaboration
- Address legal compliance and limit liability
- Go green