Bihar Government to Distribute Free Sanitary Napkins to Schoolgirls
- According to the recent figures in the Bihar state, there has been a significant improvement in Children education of the state. The Out-Of School children percentage has dipped from 12% to 2%. The government has been giving a lot of importance to girl child education.
- In primary schools, the enrollment of girls and boys is almost equal. However, the rate of enrollment of girls reduces from secondary school onwards, and the dropout rates are quite high too
- One of the main reasons for this trend is poverty. A big percentage of people are not able to fulfill their basic needs, and are also not able to afford proper clothing.
- Number of enrollments of girls in class 9 has shown a tremendous increase, from 1.7 lakh to over 7 lakh.
- Bihar government has now planned to distribute sanitary napkins for the girls in the schools of state. According to the view point of Bihar government, they can boost girl’s education by adopting this policy, and can stem the dropout rate in higher classes.
- With a decision to open one higher secondary school on every panchayat ,Bihar government is planning to facilitate education up to class 12.
- Educational inclusion in Bihar
- Right to Education
- Steps to reduce school dropouts