Violence Against Women Is Not Confined To Developing Countries
- Violence against women is not region specific or country specific as the recent study by EU Agency for Fundamental Rights revealed that one in three women in Europe experiences physical or sexual abuse from their teen ages.
- In the backdrop of the survey EU Agency for Fundamental Rights called for ratification of “Council of Europe Istanbul convention” by EU member states which demand protection of women at public and private places.
- Denmark, Sweden and Finland are the top three countries in Europe where violence against women is reported.
- Violence against women is one of the least reported crimes in Europe.
- Violence against women in India and World
- Council of Europe Istanbul convention