- Food and Supplies Department has decided to introduce technical surveillance to monitor the transport vehicles on a real time basis to control pilferage subsidized food
- Radio frequency identification device (RFID) will monitor the vehicles movement
- An alert will be sent to control rooms within 5 minutes if goods are unloaded midway
- Officials said the tendering process would begin next week and the facility is expected to be in place by the end of next month.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-newdelhi/vehicles-transporting-subsidised-food-grains-to-be-monitored/article6091372.ece
- Radio frequency identification device (RFID)