- At the U.S.-India BioPharma and Healthcare Summit’, organised by the USA-India Chamber of Commerce, top executives of US pharma companies emphasized the need for a dialogue with the Indian govt.
- This is to sort out various existing issues over pricing, protection of intellectual property rights and clinical trials to come out with mid-way solutions such as tier-pricing and others.
- Far from seeing pharma companies as adversaries, the executives said that both should work together in the interest of the patients.
- Without proper IP protection, the companies would be forced to go to other countries. Investment capital and favourable laws are essential to encourage innovation.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-business/us-pharma-companies-want-dialogue-with-india-on-iprs/article6158675.ece
- India USA Economic Relations