Us Is Pressuring India Over Its IP Rights
- US has been pressuring India to amend its IP laws. Recently it had decided to send a quasi-judicial trade body known as U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) to investigate indian IP laws and trade practices.
- Inter-governmental think tank based in Geneva said that Indian IP law is balanced one and the developed countries tirade against India is uncalled for.
- It also said Indian laws are in compliance with TRIPS and Doha Declaration on Public Health.
- It also supported India’s right to use the flexibilities in law for larger public good.
- IP Wars
- India US Economic relations
- India US trade disputes
- Doha Declaration on Public Health