- US Vice President, on a visit to Ukraine alleged Russia of trying to break up Ukraine and has threatened it with more costs and sanctions if it fails to disarm supporters and get them to vacate seized buildings.
- While it called on Russia to stop egging on men adorning unmarked uniforms and sowing terror, it also appreciated the efforts of the pro-Western Ukranian government and promised financial support in terms of monetary financial assistance, loan guarantees and support for monetary package from the International Monetary Fund.
- The Vice President’s silence on military operations against protesters by Ukraine is seen as a signal for continuing with the crackdown.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/russia-trying-to-break-up-ukraine-biden/article5939046.ece
- Ukraine Crisis
- Geneva Agreement on Ukraine