This certainly is good news for candidates who are preparing for UPSC / Civil Services / IAS / IPS / IRS exams.
- UPSC had changed the pattern of Civil Services Mains examination in 2013. Also there was tad bit confusion with initially Compulsory English being a part of Paper 1 of Mains, however was withdrawn later.
- This came in as surprise for lakhs of students who were preparing for exams as it was least expected.
- The changes that came in were drastic, which led a group of students to appeal to Mr.Rahul Gandhi to reconsider or provide them with some relief.
- Seems like Central government, for once, has quickly taken decision on the matter and announced about the relaxation in age and increase in number of attempts for all candidates – General, OBC, SC and STs.
- There is no clarity on who the real beneficiaries are and what consequential age relaxation means.
- The order document can be found at on DoPT website : Click Here.
This is what the order said:
Subject:- Civil Service Examination – Relaxation of number of attempts
The Central Government has approved “two additional attempts to all categories of candidates w.e.f. Civil Services Examination 2014, with consequential age relaxation of maximum age for all categories of candidates, if required.”
There are still a lot of unanswered questions about this order. We will follow this case up closely and keep you guys updated about the same.