- Ukraine’s anti-terror operation against pro-Russian forces in its eastern provinces suffered a backlash with few of its paratroopers switching sides to join the protesters and subsequently flying the Russian Flag and others leaving the town.
- Unconfirmed reports of a gun battle also emerged.
- First touting it as a ploy to infiltrate the protesters, Ukraine then conceded that its armoured personnel carriers had been seized by pro-Russians with the help of Russian forces.
- Meanwhile, Transdniester, a Russian-speaking region of Moldova bordering southern Ukraine has appealed to Russia to recognise their referendum of 2006 declaring their independence from Moldova which so far US, EU and Russia have refused recognition.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-international/ kievs-antiterror-operation- flops/article5920609.ece