- Protests in eastern provinces of Ukraine continued to spread to other cities despite Ukraine offering a referendum which is to be held simultaneously with their upcoming presidential elections.
- Russian Parliament has issued a mandate to use Russian armed forces to protect Russian nationals and Ukranian Russians living in Ukraine and has put the onus of averting Ukraine’s impending civil war on US, while urging Ukraine to stop using armed forces against protesters.
- Ukraine has asked UN to deploy its International Peace Keepers to help them regain control of the rebelling regions, showing signs of weakness (unable to control the situation themselves).
- Read at:http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/kiev-leaders-not-against-a-referendum/article5913175.ece
- Ukraine Crisis
- UN Peacekeeping Force
- Movement for Federation in Ukraine