- Ukraine refused to withdraw its operation against pro-Russian supporters in eastern provinces until the forces leave the region, but agreed to put it on hold owing to easter holidays.
- Anti-government protester agreed to disarm if the government forces ceased to attack them.
- Different views on the outcome of the talks held in Geneva have emerged out, with Russia saying that the call to disarm was to be applied to both government and anti-government forces; while Ukraine said Russia was forced to comply with the demand of withdrawing “Russian sponsored bandits” from seized buildings.
- US put the onus of disarming the protesters on Russia threatening it with further sanctions if this fails to happen.
- Read at:
todays-paper/tp-international/ kiev-puts-on-hold-antiterror- operation/article5927332.ece
- Ukraine crisis
- Geneva meet to resolve Ukraine crisis