- Ukraine launched full fledged military operations against anti-government protesters in Sloviansk, the hub of armed resistance in eastern Ukraine and brought it to a halt only after 3 of its choppers were shot down by the protesters. Casualties were reported on both sides.
- Residents were not offered a safe passage outside and were stuck in the besieged city.
- US supported Ukraine saying that the latter was acting to restore peace in its territory. Russia said that Ukraine killed that Geneva pact with this operation and warned of catastrophical consequences if it does not stop immediately.
- In Ukraine’s south provinces violent armed clashes erupted between far right radicals and anti-government protesters.
- Talks held between Russia, the E.U. and Ukraine in Poland failed to resolve the standoff over Kiev’s failure to pay for Russian gas supplies and the price of gas for Ukraine.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/kiev-launches-assault-on-sloviansk/article5971781.ece
- Ukraine crisis
- Geneva Agreement on Ukraine