- Ukraine’s new leaders have called for legal action the Communist Party for their alleged role in separatist activities after a Communist leader called for the suppression of military operations against the eastern provinces.
- Ukraine is also mobilizing local volunteers to fight against the separatists and called on the “Maidan activists” who helped oust President Viktor Yanukovych.
- A large number of Ukrainian govt soldiers have been switching over to the rebel groups, prompting the call.
- Presidential candidates and the elite of Ukraine have been forming their own battalions for the to fight for Ukraine.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/ukraine-descends-further-into-civil-war/article6023493.ece