- Large scale military exercises launched by Russia on Ukrainian borders has forced Ukraine to call of its anti-terrorist operations against the protesters.
- While Ukraine govt claimed Russia is a kilometre away from its border, its journalists inform of ‘Peace Keeping’ signs being painted on the Russian armor.
- Ukraine has refrained from storming the cities, but have reinforced blockades to prevent reinforcements from reaching the protesters, and averting any casualties.
- US Prez Obama said that US and Europe were preparing sanctions against Russia amidst the latter’s military expeditions in Ukraine and its accusations against US of having instigated the violence.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/kiev-calls-off-advance-on-sloviansk/article5949887.ece