- Amidst rumours of schools propogating religious extremism, gender segregation and forced religious instruction, the Britain govt ordered a series of surprise inspections into many schools.
- The surprise nature of the inspection was to provide the schools with no time for ‘cover up’, as is the norm usually.
- Reports published stand a stark contrast to the rumours as the schools under fire were found to be exceptional, with bright students and eager parents committed to excellence.
- The few instances of religious extremism reported have been challenged by the management. Some schools were however downgraded from their earlier ranking with no justification being provided.
- Management and parents believe the move to be politically motivated.
- The report has also directed schools to promote British values.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/uk-asks-schools-to-promote-british-values/article6102764.ece