- In a clear show of support for the National Coalition and the Supreme Military Council of the Free Syrian Army the United Kingdom resumed non-lethal aid worth 1 million pounds to the rebels in Syria.
- It includes:
- Laptops with satellite internet connection,
- Mobile telephones and push-to-talk radios,
- pick-up trucks;
- portable generators less than 3MW in power;
- clothing, rations and tents;
- individual medical kits etc.
- Months ago, UK had sent equipment to protect it from chemical weapons attack. The cost for this will be met from the government’s Conflict Fund Pool.
- Previously, UK had suspended non-lethal aid to the Free Syrian Army following a conflict where FSA had lost ground to the Islamic Front, an Islamist group.
- The growing number of British youngsters who have been leaving the country to fight alongside the rebels in Syria has left UK concerned about the situation.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-international/ uk-to-resume-nonlethal-aid-to- syrian-rebels/article5971786. ece
- Syrian Crisis
- Non-Lethal Aid