- Brinjal variety ‘Mattu Gulla’ grown in Udupi to enter markets in Mumbai, other Indian cities besides Gulf countries by October
- Known for its special taste, ‘Muttu Gulla’ characterised by its Geographical Indication, grown by about 200 farmers
- Muttu Gulla Growers Association not to sell produce to middlemen from next season onwards, to arrange for marketing and cold storage.
- Brinjal to have Trade Mark Registration with a brand name and logo.
- A 50 kg sack of brinjal sells at Rs 2,000 to 3,000, per acre weekly yield is between 10 to 13 tonnes.
- Trade Mark Registration
- Indigenous Varieties of Brinjal
- Geographical Indication