- A well tested methodology should be used High Commissioner of Human Rights (OHCHR) office to look into Sri Lanka’s rights record and alleged war crimes.
- Sri Lankan government has not cooperated for the investigation but the Human Rights Council mandated investigations wing had to work
- At the 26th session of the Human Rights Council in Geneva expressed the damage done by the terrorists and is expecting “credible truth-seeking process” but the Sri Lankan government has denied cooperation
- 12 member OHCHR team with a budget of $1,192,000 for 2014 and a senior official will be deputed to coordinate.
- The investigation will go on for 10 months and a final report will be presented by 2015.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/un-pressing-ahead-with-sri-lanka-probe/article6109526.ece
- Ealam War IV
- Human Rights Violations