- In order to bring an end to the rampant poaching of Pachyderms or the rhinos, the Assam government has come with the solution of trimming their horns, for which they are specifically killed. However, they are awaiting the expert opinion on this matter.
- In the year 2013, 41 rhinos in Assam have been killed and their horns have been removed.
- Most of these incidents have been reported from the Kaziranga National Park
- Some African countries have done this in last few years to protect the animals from hunters. An expert committee has been appointed by state government to give suggestions on their idea of trimming the rhino horns
- Rhino horns are basically the clustered formation of thick hair. Hence they can be trimmed to a certain length without harming the rhinos in any possible manner
- Rhino poaching
- Kaziranga National Park
- Wildlife Protection Act