TNPCB orders disconnection of power supply to two dyeing units
- Two dyeing units of Tirupur woolens cluster have found to be violating the pollution control norms laid by Tamil Nadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB).
- TNPCB has ordered Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (Tangedco) to cut off the power supply of those dyeing units.
- During the inspection at these units, the TNPCB officials noticed the faults in effluent treatment departments. So, they recommended the appropriate action against these units to TNPCB head office.
- The Madras High Court has passed an order, clearly specifying that the bleaching and dyeing units of Tirupur should compulsorily follow the ZLD (Zero Liquid Discharge) norms and the action taken by TNPCB justifies this order.
- Central Pollution Control Board
- Zero Liquid Discharge Norms