TISS Report Lashes Out At Centre For Ignoring Community Participation Norms
- Tata Institute of Social Studies (TISS) which studied Central Scheme Rajiv Awas Yojna(RAY) in 16 states covering 42,488 homes has criticised centre in its report for ignoring Community participation norms.
- The Important findings of the report are as follows:
· Slum dwellers are not aware of schemes such as Rajiv Awas Yojna(RAY) which aims for “Slum free India.”
· Only 8 states have shown progress of more than 75% in implementation of projects.
· Only 7% of the projects are meant for upgrading slums.
· Chennai is the only major city which is effectively implementing RAY.
- Drafting flagship schemes with good intention is welcome, but their implementation has to be tangible.
- Rajiv Awas Yojna
- Schemes for Urban Population
- Schemes which help in eradicating Poverty