- The Presidents of Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan will set up and sign the Eurasian Economic Integration agreement that will act as a bridge between Europe and Asia and a counterweight to Western integration unions.
- The Eurasian Economic Union(2015),The ‘troika’ states will create:
- a market for people, with a combined annual GDP of $2.7 trillion and a quarter of the world energy resources.
- Elevated their cooperation to a fundamentally new level with free movement of goods, services, capital and workforce.
- A coordinated policy in the energy sector, industry, agriculture and transport.
- Mr. Putin’s efforts at re-integrating the post-Soviet states is crowned with the establishment of the Eurasian Union,but the absence of Ukraine marks his failure to draw the second largest economy of the erstwhile Soviet Union into the new bloc.
- Ukraine has opted integration with Europe and President Petro Poroshenko plans to sign an association pact with the European Union.
- Armenia will join Eurasian Union next month, and Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan are in line for admission.
- India, along with Vietnam, New Zealand, Turkey, Israel and a number of other countries, have expressed a desire to sign free trade pacts with the Eurasian Union.
- Agreement will reach in Astana to set up “expert-level groups to work out preferential trade regimes with Israel and India.”
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-international/ threenation-eurasian-union- set-up-as-bridge/ article6063893.ece
- Banking Reforms in India
- Capital Market