- In 1967 Lok Sabha polls , East Delhi, former Outer Delhi and Karol Bagh seats polled more invalid votes, more than difference between winner and runner up
- In EVMs no invalid votes get registered unlike voting through ballot papers.
- EVMs first used in 1998 Delhi assembly polls in former CM Shiela Dixit’s Gole Market seat on a trial basis, besides 5 other places, no invalid votes found
- On 16 May EVMs facilitate quick declaration of results, within 2-3 hours as against earlier 30-40 hours spent on manual counting of votes
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-newdelhi/the-journey-from-paper-ballots-to-evms/article6014521.ece