Thailand’s war widows bear burden of insurgency
- Muslim-majority provinces in Thailand’s southernmost saw thousands being killed by security forces and ruthless rebels seeking autonomy.
- Thousands of men were killed leaving behind vast number of widows in the conflict.
- Muslim woman face difficulties in conservative region which is culturally diverse to the rest of primarily Buddhist Thailand.
- Illiteracy is a root cause for the unemployment and low-paid jobs for women.
- A widow being a role model for other women resisted domination which led to peace talk between the government and rebel groups into limbo.
- Thailand’s widows
- Autonomy movement in Thailand