Telengana Tangle: Reconciliation is the best way to solve problems
- Noted Politician and Congress leader Jairam Ramesh opined that government will cross the legal hurdles posed by conferring Joint capital status to Hyderabad.
- It should be noted that Article 3 and Article 4 of the Indian Constitution have conferred the union government to make states.
- Reconciliation and cooperation is need of the hour between two Telugu speaking states which will pave a way for smooth functioning of both both governments.
- The decisions taken by Union government for distribution of amenities is as follows:
- Admission of students in existing institutions shall continue for 10 years.
- With respect to river water distribution, River Water Tribunal allocation will continue as decided.
- Constitution of two separate boards for management of rivers Krishna and Godavari.
- For development needs of Seemandra, there will be a creation of special units in planning commission.
- Semmandra would be conferred Special category status and it will be the 12th state to get such status.
- 90% of central grant will be given to Seemandra.
- Polavaram project will be a central project.
- State reorganisation commission
- Article 2 and 3
- Centre-State Relations