- Racquets have shifted from heavy wooden ones to graphite and fibre which have the accuracy of the wood but are lighter and durable.
- Connected racquets, that are fitted with sensors that transmit hard data such as power, ball impact, counts strokes, spin, endurance, technique and rally time serve as crucial data for post-match preparation.
- Oversized racquets with wider heads, despite reducing flexibility and famous for the power they impart.
- Balls have changed from hand-sewn rubber to wool cloth balls to refrigerated balls and nylon coated balls to the yellow balls used now for better visibility.
- The balls are also heavier to compensate for the increased power in the racquets allowing longer rallies despite the grasscourts becoming slower.
- Hawk-eye allows the mapping of the path of the ball and also predicts whether the ball would skip or change shape.
- Radar gun – helps determine the speed of the ball.
- Read at: http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/Article.aspx?eid=31806&articlexml=Thanks-to-technology-tennis-has-come-of-age-27062014026051