- Commercial sales tax regulations have been made applicable to online transactions in Kerala which has led to a reduction in the online sales and has also led to online portals cancelling deals to clients in Kerala.
- ‘Cash on delivery’ is considered by the govt as a sale happening inside the state and hence taxable. A case registered against a courier company on the grounds of tax evasion is impeding in Court.
- Online sales were preferred by the customers who could avail products at lesser price, and also compare between products and read reviews before purchase. The move has left the customers facing the brunt of it.
- Several local traders in Kerala had also set up online wings which had seen a considerable increase in profits. Here, merchandise was sold at market price.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-business/online-shoppers-come-a-cropper-in-kerala/article6113385.ece
- Taxation in India
- Types of Taxes