- Subhash Chandra Nembang of CPN-UML party has been elected for the second time to chair the Nepal Constituent Assembly. He will also be the Speaker of General Assembly in the Parliament.
- Surya Bahadur Thapa, the senior member of the house, who was the only opponent and a temporary Speaker, announced Nembang’s victory. All parties in the house supported this result.
- None of the other political parties had their candidates contest against Nembang for the post, and they were happy re-electing him.
- On the other hand, Chairman of UCPN (Maoist) has blamed the UML and NC parties for overlooking their opinion on the matter. He stated that the Chairperson was unsuccessful in his previous tenure. He also expressed his doubt if the constitution allows the same person to chair the assembly twice.
- Nepal Constituent Assembly
- Nepal Constitution Making