Plant-based sweetener with zero calorie catches on
- WHO (World Health Organisation) has warned that the sugar intake should be reduced to just 5 % of our daily intake.
- It is observed that even the manufacturers spike cereals with sugar. They should also cut down the calorie contained in their products.
- Stevia, a natural substance with no calories, no carbohydrates, and does not raise blood sugar levels, belong to a plant used as a sweetener in Paraguay and Brazil and sold widely in japan.
- Stevia products are food additives in U.S and EU.
- Stevia is 300 times sweeter than sugar but bitter aftertaste due to which companies blend it with sugar.
- Tropicana’s new juice contains stevia and sugar equally dividing the calories per servings in the ratio 50:50.
- WHO (World Health Organisation)