- Karnataka accounts for the maximum of number of e-commerce transactions in India
- FICCI initiates talks with Karnataka’s two state departments to further improve non-store retail transactions.
- A new policy on on-line transactions to include consumer rights, privacy and safety of data, quality of product and services
- It will also include refunds and transparent price offers for the buyer, and reasonable guidelines, fewer taxes or other hassles for the sellers.
- New policy to deal with fly-by-night operators
- FICCI initiated new policy guidelines for e-commerce to form the basis benchmark for other states in India.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/state-ficci-in-talks-for-policy-on-nonstore-retailers/article6014640.ece