- The St.Anthony’s (shrine) festival is taking place at the Katchathevu island off Rameshwaram coast. Features of it are:
- More than 5000 people from Tamil Nadu & Sri Lanka congregate every year to pray
- They pray for their smooth fishing trade
- Espirit De Corp among both nations is seen, in the form of cooperation between Indian Consulate in Jaffna; Ramanathapuram District Collectorate; fishermen’s associations; Sri Lankan High Commission in TN ; & Navy & Coast Guard of both countries, all working towards making this a success.
- India Srilanka Bilateral relations
- Fishing problems in Indian Ocean