New clip ‘exposes’ Sri Lanka war crimes
- The U.N. Human Rights Council prepare to vote on a United States resolution against Sri Lanka.
- British public-service television broadcaster has accused Sri Lankan armed forces of brutality and sexual violence against civilians, as seen by a video released by Channel 4.
- Mr. Macrae’s earlier documentaries had controversy regarding war crimes and rights abuse, as depicted in his ‘Sri Lanka’s Killing Fields and No Fire Zone’.
- The visuals showed Sinhala-speaking men celebrating over bodies that the report mentions as of female Tiger fighters.
- These evidences call for enforcing command responsibility for these actions which could be traced to the top of the armed forces and government.
- The footage came from the British Tamil Forum-an umbrella organisation for Sri Lankan Tamil diaspora groups based in the United Kingdom.
- The allegations were denied by Army spokesperson of Sri Lanka and said that Tamil diaspora sections are sympathetic to the rebel Tigers and are still espousing the separatist cause.
- Ealam War IV
- Human Rights