Sri Lankan army heightens security
- Sri Lankan army has heightened security measures, including vehicle checks in the country’s Northern Province to prevent regrouping of LTTE sympathizers funded by sections of the diaspora as they may exploit vulnerable communities in the north.
- An incident in Kilinochchi saw firing on a policeman & all out efforts were made to nab the suspect , Gobi & his associate, Appan, both had links with sections of the Tamil diaspora reportedly working on reviving LTTE.
- Northern Province Chief Minister C.V. Wigneswaran said the re-emerging of LTTE was an idea floated by Srilankan Army in order to justify their presence in the north.
- The government is not demilitarizing the north even after been asked repeatedly to confine the military in north to the barracks.
- In north the heightened security has created fear & panic among residents.
- Ealam War IV
- 13th Amendment
- Developments in Northern Province