- Allegations of US spying on Germany have surfaced threatening to worsen ties between both the countries, especially after earlier reports of US conducting mass surveillance and tapping the phone of German Chancellor as given by Edward Snowden.
- Germany is expecting distinct clarifications from the US with US promising to give a report on it at the earliest.
- This was sparked off by the arrest of an employee of the German foreign intelligence agency BND who had apparently been working for the CIA for the past 2 years.
- Newspapers also reported that the man had sent US documents very recently, and had passed information about the parliamentary panel established to investigate the NSA’s mass surveillance allegations.
- The alleged had also reportedly proposed offering information to the Russians.
- Read at:http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/germany-seeks-us-response-on-spook/article6183900.ece