- There was an attack on the national Parliament by Somalia’s al-Shabab rebels.
- The Complex attack ended after more than four hours by Somali security forces and African Union troops.
- Police claim 10 people died but media claim 20 including 8 8attackers.
- Al-Shabab militants, the Al-Qaeda-linked group fighting to overthrow Somalia’s internationally-backed government, stormed in central Mogadishu while MPs were meeting inside.
- Prime Minister Abdiweli Sheikh Ahmed praised the swift response of Somali National Army and AMISOM security forces.
- Terrorists have again shown that they are against Somalis.These despicable actions are not a demonstration of the true Islamic faith.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-international/ somali-rebels-mount-brazen- attack/article6045277.ece
- Al Shabab Terror Group
- Terrorism in Somalia