Web-GIS tool to gauge solar potential
- TERI’s cloud based Web-GIS tool to estimate rooftop solar power potential of Indian cities
- Web-GIS tool to be launched in Chandigarh and later on other solar cities
- TERI initiative is backed by Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation (SSEF), Chandigarh Renewable Energy Science and Technology Promotion Society (CREST), the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI), and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Punjab to set up roof top solar devices atop government building to become a model solar city
- In Germany 25% of energy comes from solar power.
- Need of hour is to invest in innovation and involve stakeholders to promote solar and renewal energy in India.
- Solar Power
- Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission