Establishment of High Court a major task
- The ‘Descendant State’ of Andhra Pradesh will face many issues after the bifurcation. Setting up of High Court (HC) and secondary courts will be the major ones. It is highly important, yet a critical task, as it involves transferring loads of case files and other stuff form the High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad.
- The newly formed state will have its own High Court in reference to the Article 214 of Constitution, and it is also provisioned under Section 30 (1) (a) of Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act.
- Earlier, Parliament had suggested establishing a common HC for the two States under Article 231, which was referred to as the ‘HC of Andhra Pradesh’.
- Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act
- Article 231
- States Reorganisation Commission