Serum Institute Of India Develops A Vaccine Which Could Be Stable Outside Cold Chain
- Republic of Benin used a vaccine named “MenAfriVac”-developed by Serum Institute of India which can be stored outside cold temperature.
- It is said that the vaccine should be kept in temperature 2-8 degree Celsius, but for the first time in a developing country the newly developed vaccine was used which can be used by keeping it in controlled temperature chain (CTC).
- CTC reduces the cost of vaccine to great extent which can help many in developing nations.
- MenAfriVac is used to treat meningitis which outbreaks in sub-Saharan region just before dry summer season.
- Controlled temperature chain