- Ukraine hinted at including the separatists in the second roundtable talk. Separatists emphatically stated that the separation was irreversible.
- The two regions of Donetsk and Luhansk are considering forming a federation. Donetsk is drafting its constitution and call christened their Parliament as Supreme Soviet, in a reference to the former Soviet Union.
- Moscow acknowledged regard for the referendum held, but has refused to recognize the regions as an independent state and is pressing for talks between Ukraine and the separatist leaders.
- US is pressurizing EU for increased sanctions against Russia.
- Two of Ukrainian military bases were destroyed, as reported by the govt. Ukrainian military pressed on with its operations heedless to the ultimatum given by the eastern provinces which warned offensive actions against them.
- In protest to the continued offensive by the military, ousted President Viktor Yanukovych’s Party of the Regions walked out of the Parliament.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-international/breakup-with-ukraine-irreversible-say-separatists/article6014350.ece