- The Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), Kalraj Mishra, has said that MSMEs should have a separate policy with an integrated, industry-relevant approach and simplified govt permissions and procedures.
- The policy should deal with registration of companies, licences, no-objection certificates (NOCs), labour laws, power and marketing.
- He also said that MSMEs along with industry, academia and skill development institutes, should impart skills particularly to school dropouts to help them become entrepreneurs.
- The Ministry will set up 15 new technologies across the country with a total investment of $ 400 million in partnership with various training institutes worldwide. In Karnataka, it will be set up at Bangalore (electronic systems design and manufacture, and aerospace) and Kolar (automobile).
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-karnataka/msmes-should-have-a-separate-policy-minister/article6124972.ece
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
- Skill Development
- Technology Parks
- Vocational Training