- The government will sensitise all non-governmental organisations (NGOs) about adhering to rules(compliance of the FCRA Act) and regulations while receiving foreign grants.
- Intelligence Bureau in a report alleged that foreign grants by NGOs were misused to obstruct various developmental projects in the country.
- A presentation was given to Home Ministry Rajnath Singh by the Foreigners Division on Visa Policy Citizenship Act(covers 148 Indian missions), Foreigners’ Contribution and Registration Act (FCRA) and related issues.
- The Home Ministry expressed the need for :
- Facilitating legitimate travellers and instructed officials that the Immigration, Visa, Foreigners Registration an Tracking (IVRFT) project be implemented at the earliest.
- Enhance developmental aspects of the visa policy to promote tourism and other sectors of the economy.
- Direct foreign funding to NGOs operating in India unless they fulfil regulatory norms and show compliance reports.
- Informing the Reserve Bank of India in detail about the nature of foreign funds and its usage.
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-national/ sensitise-ngos-on-compliance- of-rules-on-foreign-funds- rajnath/article6179393.ece