SC issues notice to centre on recommendation of a Law Commission
- Supreme Court issued notice to centre on a petition stating the implementation of Law Commission recommendation.
- The recommendation was that “Supreme Court shall act as a national court of appeals to hear appeals on constitutional issues” and there should be regional benches to hear other matters.
- The petitioner contended that this would reduce the burden on the apex court and cost of litigation significantly.
- SC said, “it’s a policy decision and the matter is left to centre to decide.”
- Law Commission
- Regional bench for Supreme Court