- Replace halogen lights and use CGL lights and save power.
- Creating power is more difficult rather installing power saving infrastructure.
- An immediate remedy is required to make sure power is utilized productively.
- AC’s to be turned off and halogen lamps be turned off 3-30 p.m. and 4-30 p.m ordered at L-G Najeeb Jung
- There is a heavy demand during summer in Delhi and the requirement goes up to 6,000 MW, while supply is around 5,000 MW. To build this capacity of 1,000 MW would require Rs.5,000 crore, while saving the same amount of energy would cost Rs.1,000 crore.
- Delhi can generate 2,557 MW of solar power on rooftops but has not made space to work on this
- Read at: http://www.thehindu.com/
todays-paper/tp-national/tp- newdelhi/saving-power-much- cheaper-than-creating-it/ article6109745.ece
- Incandescent Bulb