- The Forest Department will make use of satellite imagery to ascertain the damage brought about by forest fires.
- The last occasion such major fires broke out in the Bandipur–Nagarahole belt was in 2012 when 2,158 hectares was lost in Bandipur while 2,080 hectares in Nagarahole was destroyed.
- The worst impacted was BRT Tiger Reserve where much more than 4,800 hectares of forest land was reduced to ashes.
- The park administrators had refuted the figures at first and called them overstated, but satellite imageries and ground analysis proved the degree of damage.
- BRT Tiger Reserve
- Bandipur–Nagarahole National Park